This week the New York Art Directors Club announced its 2008 Hall of Fame inductees, seven individuals representing the fields of advertising, design, architecture, filmmaking, illustration, academia and photography. The official induction will take place at a black-tie benefit gala dinner on November 6, 2008, at the ADC Gallery in New York, with proceeds going toward ADC scholarship programs.
The honorees are:
- Alex Bogusky, co-chairman, Crispin Porter + Bogusky;
- Ray Eames (posthumous), designer, architect and filmmaker;
- Sir John Hegarty, chairman, worldwide creative director, Bartle Bogle Hegarty;
- Maira Kalman, illustrator, artist, designer;
- John Maeda, president, Rhode Island School of Design
- R. Roger Remington, Massimo and Leila Vignelli Distinguished Professor of Design, Rochester Institute of Technology;
- Bruce Weber, fashion photographer.
Past inductees include Andy Warhol, Milton Glaser, Paul Rand, and Louise Fili, who has been the stylish brain behind our identity and promotional materials for over a decade.
ADC celebrates the 2008 Hall of Fame inductions with a series of Fame Festival week events, all taking place at the ADC Gallery, 106 West 29th Street, New York.